Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Poor Mama Hick -- at least in my Sim game, she has become the poster child for Upside Down Head Disease. We may have to name it after her if it happens again. These are things that go through my poor cold-ridden mind when I've been trying to get the final manuscript together. Which is coming along quite well. I'm ready for "baby" to leave the nest and go on to the next stage.

Which, quite appropriately, is when another idea cleared its throat and waved politely in my general direction. Which is always welcome. Was watching first season episodes of Highlander this morning, and had to put my foot down that it was one hundred percent unfair that Duncan and Tessa didn't get to have a HEA.

Don't remember the title of the episode, but it's the one where at the very very end, Duncan agrees to move to Paris for Tessa's job. I remember thinking "if this were a romance novel, it would end with this that and the other," and my noggin started making lists of how to begin the translation process to straight historical romance. So we'll see how that goes. Definitely will revisit when my sinuses clear and I am no longer a slave to the Riccola.

No comments: