Thursday, February 10, 2005

Greetings from my undisclosed location on top of my TBRe mounatain. That's not a typo -- To Be Reviewed. Today has been a day for organizing stuff I let slide, and ::swallows:: I have been remiss in my reviews. Big stack of YA titles and a couple of small press romances creeping in there. Must be a good staffer and work these into the reading rotation. Though the Golden Heart judging must come first. At least I have plenty to read. (She says, in the shadow of the great To Be Read and To Be ReRead mountain ranges that dwarf the TBRe mountain -- and all this talk of mountains reminds me of the really funny and lovely English film, The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill and Came Down a Mountain.)

Nag group was fantastic last night. These very talented gals keep reminding me that I am doing stuff...a lot of stuff, and making progress. That I know where I'm going, what I'm doing. My online buddy/critique partner, Vicki, is shoving me toward entering contests already. I actually broke down and wrote in all my for-sure obligations in my Get Fuzzy weekly planner (that strip cracks me up every time -- pets really are like that.)

I feel quite the proud mama over the scene I brought last night, which I'd had to backtrack to write. I haven't been the biggest fan of backtracking, but this time it was needed. Makes much more sense how the h/h have bonded now that we actually see that first step. ::Happy sigh::

Rewarding self with hot bath, book to read (non review copy) and the knowledge that husband has promised me a specialty pizza we can share during the Survivor season premiere. Very hush-hush so far; I can't wait.

No comments: