Friday, January 14, 2005

It's raining at the moment, and I have a rain-scented candle burning, courtesy of the gift basket our landlord gave us for Christmas. The only thing I don't like about rain is that it washes the snow away, but if it's a choice between rain and sunshine, more rain, please. Hence the candle.

My brain is also melding this with some extremely fond memories of dear family friends on Long Island, since I had a peek at Bertrice Small's website yesterday, with pictures of a LI romance writers' gathering. Let me tell you, when you step off the New London ferry on the LI side, it's pure paradise. Go. Trust me. Just go. Haven't been there in years, but the pictures whisked me right back.

Which also plays into the fact that, this week, I've been plotting two (count them, two!) more books in what I might be calling my Bedford series, to follow My Outcast Heart. Hadn't planned it, but they fit in so perfectly that I can't not go down this road. One of my things this year (I'm saying 'things' instead of 'resolutions') is to finally get all the outlines I've been carrying in my head for literally years (double digit years, in some cases) into actual paper or electronic form so I can see what's what and slip into ye olde carreere planne.

Got my Golden Heart judging stuff in yesterday, so I know what I'm doing with spare time (hah!) Rheuben was home to recieve it, and told me he didn't know what it was, but whatever it was, it sure was heavy. Heh. I think I'll wait a day or so before waving the Let Your Imagination Take Flight conference brochure at him.


No comments: