Sunday, January 30, 2011

Saturday at the Movies #31 - Movies I Need

funny pictures - Ever have one of those mornings?
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

Yep, one of those weekends. I could use a good movie today, as my brain is scattered, schedule convoluted and the day is going to be a long one, the part of it requiring the most energy and concentration coming at the tail end. Writing needs to happen, but it feels like going to an empty well, so that right there is an indication it's time to refuel.

Reading is not a problem; after coming off my reading fast, I now have four books I'm reading at once (more on that in another post) but days like this, it comes down to the basic need to sit in the dark and have somebody tell me a story. Having a big bucket of hot buttered popcorn and some gummi bears can only enhance the experience. (I would also accept spice drops or Hot Tamales.) In an ideal world, that story would be one of these:

Never Let Me Go:


Deuling versions of Wuthering Heights?

This


or this?


I already wanted to see An Education, but knowing that Nick Hornby wrote the screenplay, it is now a burning need.


The trailer for A Single Man has no words at all, but definitely entices:


None of these are available to me at the moment, hence the frog in my chai. Harumph. If you could see any movie in the world right this second, what would that be?

No comments: