Friday, June 11, 2010

Happy Dance Friday again, and how appropriate is it that this comes after last night's So You Think You Can Dance preview?

If anyone had ever told me I would full out cry when watching someone do the robot dance, I would have said they were crazy. That was before there was Bryan Gaynor, who serves us his soul on a platter, and all we can say is, please, sir may we have some more?:


Proof positive that Nigel Lythgoe does have dance experience:

Then again, the clip is taken from a show called "Brits Can't Dance," so....

...oh, wait, they can. Which would explain the London Royal Ballet:
Good thing we got that straightened out.

Deciding whether to feature Travis Wall or Benji Schwimmer for the next clip proved impossible, so let's have both:


Another favorite SYTYCD moment- Pasha and Sara's West Coast Swing, choreographed by Benji Schwimmer:


Got a favorite dance clip or one you'd like to see? Come join the party.

3 comments:

Carrie Lofty said...

I'm a SYTYCD freak. I've watched all of the Aussie, Canadian and UK versions of the show, and even a few of the Dutch program when Dan Karaty was a judge. I'm not entirely wild about this new All-Stars format (rather takes away from the specialness of the new kids), but I don't want to say that too loudly for fear they'll take Pasha and Mark away from me!

Anna Carrasco Bowling said...

Carrie, I knew you had good taste. Where does one view the other versions? Links, please. :sad puppy eyes:

I'm on the fence about the All Stars format. On the one hand, it does take some of the focus away from the new kids, but on the other hand, it does allow the show to reinvest in competitors from previous seasons, so I'm keeping an open mind for now.

*Nobody* is taking Pasha and Mark away from us. We will defend them with all that we have.

Carrie Lofty said...

Did you see the post on my blog from yesterday? Full recap:

http://lovelysalome.blogspot.com/2010/06/so-you-think-you-can-dance-s7.html

But sorry, sad puppy eyes. My links have been taken down. They generally get yanked shortly after going up, so you have to stay current. The Canadian show starts in Sept. I'll keep you in mind then :)