Thursday, June 17, 2010


Climbing Mt. Readme

AKA the To Be Read (TBR) pile. Actually, in my case, shelf. Piles of books make me antsy. I like shelves. Here's a peek at my recently acquired, soon to be read adventures in waiting. Some new releases, some older. Anybody who wants to play "spot the common threads" may feel free to do so.

Since I read by story, it's book title first, then author and books are listed in no particular order.

His at Night Sherry Thomas - Sherry Thomas is one of my autobuy authors. I could drown in the depths of her characters and she delivers a new and engaging story every time. Hopes are high.

Breath of Heaven Cindy Holby - I'm always on the lookout for a great medieval. Hopefully this will fit the bill.

My Reckless Surrender Anna Campbell - though her courtesan books aren't my favorites, I love the grit and emotion Ms. Campbell always delivers, and she had me with the names Diana and Tarquin (no other reason than the names strike my fancy.)

His Border Bride Blythe Gifford - Blythe Gifford writes amazing historical romances with great flavor of the times. I expect her first foray north of the border to Scotland to be as real and riveting as her other tales. Harlequin Historical again, here.

Marrying the Royal Marine Carla Kelly - Harlequin Historicals made a very smart move in snagging Carla Kelly. Her trilogy about seafaring men (military, not pirates) and the women who love them winds up with this entry. I already predict achingly real emotion, full immersion atmosphere and characters that will stay with me long after the covers are closed.

Lord of Devil Isle Connie Mason - one of the grande dames of the industry, always good for an entertaining adventure. Bonus points for coming out of retirement in response to pleas from her many fans.

What a Scoundrel Wants Carrie Lofty -- I am oh so very late on this one, so it may get priority. Reviews have given high points for flavor and emotion and I've always had a soft spot for anything Robin Hood related, I must indulge.

Rising Wind Cindy Holby -- I am a sucker for anything colonial era, and colonial frontier can get bonus points.

Jack Compton's Luck Paula Marshall --Harlequin Historical, out of print, but set in early 20th century and thus of interest.

Switchback Robin Stevenon and Tom Blade - this is an out of print time travel story, so couldn't find any links to either author or the title and must express myself through LOLcat...er, bunny.
funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures Modern woman takes silent film star grandmother to a screening of silent movies...only to see herself on the screen in a movie her grandmother insists was never made.

Note: This does not mean that I will not pick up additional books to add to the short list for my TBR shelf. I pick books by mood, often having to "pet" the shelves for a while before I know what story wants to be read next.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting post, it inspired me to write my own TBR list on my blog. Thanks!! :)

Anna Carrasco Bowling said...

Thanks, Bonnie. Always happy to help inspire.