Friday, August 13, 2010

Happy Dance Friday #15 -SYTYCD season finale
funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

Once again, we've come to the end of a SYTCYD season. I missed Mary Murphy on the panel, missed Mia Michaels' choreography, and can we talk about the season seven curse? Eyikes, all those injuries. It might indeed have been a different game if Alex Wong had been able to continue, or Billy Bell, but the final three of Lauren, Robert and Kent more than satisfied. Ellen DeGeneres standing in for Alex in the "Get Outta Your Mind" routine? Brilliant. I don't know that I would agree with all the choice for favorite routines, but Mad World and How It Ends were included, as was Fix You, so I will not complain. Or Kent and Robert's Bollywood; loved that one too. I do wish the seasons were released on DVD, because this season has a lot I'd love to watch over and over.

A personal favorite that I would have chosen to see again but didn't see on the finale was Robert and Kathryn's Heaven is a Place on Earth. I think it's equally effective when you do know which partner is the soldier, but discovering that was a punch in the gut the first time.


Lauren's audition; raise your hand if you suspected even then:


Embedding disabled on this lovely solo by Robert, but one look at what he actually does to make that movement look effortless, and I have even more respect for the man:


Kent, Kent, Kent. I had forgotten he originally got sent to choreography. Normally, I like to go straight to the dancing, but in Kent's case, the whole package is worth a rewatch. Admit it, you want him going to dance school in NYC to be a reality show.


How long do we have to wait for the next season? Must find way to watch SYTYCD Canada.

No comments: