Tuesday, May 25, 2010


Obligatory Lost Post

At least the first one. There may be more, because not only did we have six years of amazing storytelling, acting and speculation, but now that the finale has finally aired, there may still be as many questions as answers. I consider that a good thing. Fittingly enough for Lost, I'm of two minds about the finale.

One the one hand, and I think DH will side with me here, I still have questions. Whatever happened to Mr Abbadon (other than his actor's migration to Fringe) and what was his function? Who was Jacob and MIB's adoptive mother and how did she get there? Stuff like that. Must confer with DH on specifics before blabbering further.

On the other, this show has always been about the characters for me, and on that front, the finale excelled. I cried. A lot. It felt good. I think I have a better grasp on the whole flash sideways world/holding area/let's all meet at the church thing after I've had a couple of days to ponder it. My personal theory on why Ben wasn't ready to move on yet is that he wanted to stay longer in his flash sideways world and I can't blame him. The guy never had it so good as he did there. The flash sideways world gave him as much peace as he'd ever been able to have, but I still missed having him with everyone else. I like to think that, at that point, he would have been welcome.

Now that all's said and done, I have to give the romances on Lost an A+ overall. Sun and Jin. Rose and Bernard. The Jack/Kate/Sawyer/Juliet quadrangle, though I'm still not sure if everyone landed where I wanted them to land in that one. Maybe they did, maybe not. Sayid and Nadia. Sayid and Shannon were good, and a very interesting pairing, but Shannon rather than Nadia in the end for Sayid? Really? Really? :headshake: Eh, if it was plane people only, I guess. Hurley and Libby. Daniel and Charlotte. Charlie and Claire. Not to forget the big, big, pull out all stops romantic pairing of all, Desmond and Penny. If you aren't a slobbery pile of goo after watching this scene, I doubt your humanity:

Desmond and Penny's phone call

The last two lines between Sayid and Desmond can also apply to my overall impression of the Lost journey.

No comments: