Monday, November 01, 2004

Happy November, and happy happy Monday. I know I am the odd duck in loving Mondays the way I do, but that could be, at least for today, since I am feeling human after the icky flu, and blazed through a good art morning. Collaged a whole mess of mumblemumbles (stuff I’m making for Christmas and don’t want to ruin the surprise) which put me in a great mood for tackling writerly things.

Actually checked my "official" A Hint of Seduction email, and lo and behold, I had mail. Woohoo. Went through, answered, and some good things look like they could come of it. At the very least, nobody said "go back to retail, you talentless troll" which of course is something that goes through the back of my mind every once in a while. Mind you, I know enough to kick it to the curb as I go on my merry way, but it’s always nice to get mail.

But, writing. Surprised myself by whipping out the blank book in my purse and scribbling through two pages yesterday while waiting for a friend to arrive and whisk me off to church so we could help move from the old building to the new one. Ah, I love being mean to my heroes, and a couple of characters surprised me.

Any writer will know what I mean. That "hey, you guys didn’t tell ME that!" kind of thing, when there you are, writing or typing down the movie that’s playing in your mind, down to the vapour coming out of the horses’ nostrils on a chilly morning, and wham bam, characters start chattering on about stuff that, yes, makes perfect sense, but YOU didn’t think of it. THEY did. Sometimes I think they like tweaking us this way. So, I did the only thing I could do to even the score. Downloaded a lot of things for my Sims. Has nothing to do with writing, but it does restore the balance of power a little.

No comments: