Saturday, September 25, 2010


Saturday at the Movies - playing hookey

Or hooky. Whichever. Since my only obligations today are towards those with four legs and fur, I'm spending this Saturday at the movies. Need to sort through DVDs on hand and see what tickles my fancy. Will most likely be a re-watch, which is fine.

What I'd like to see, I'm pretty sure doesn't exist. Anybody besides me remember the short lived Fox series, New Amsterdam? This had Anna-nip all over it; hero who can't age until he is united with the love of his life, same hero who has lived through four hundred years of New York history, NYC setting, multiple flashbacks, lots of secrets...so of course it gets cancelled after one season and ended on a supremely unsatisfying cliffhanger. :throws popcorn at Fox executives: Bah. Grumble.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no DVD of that single season, but if there were, I would be spending my day watching episodes of this:


and interview with lead actor Nikolaj Coster-Waldau:


Well, well, what do you know, Hulu.com has all eight episodes right here:


Back to Plan A, I am. What short-lived tv shows would you like to see again?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember seeing those previews, but never watched it. Admittedly I don't watch TV (actual television shows) very much - I still would have liked to have seen it.

Anna Carrasco Bowling said...

Hulu link added above, so now you can see it - I'd love to get your impressions.