Friday, September 10, 2010

Happy Dance Friday #19 - Viennese Waltz

funny gifs  -Cagney Waltz
see more Señor Gif

I was going to save my all time favorite ballroom dance for Happy Dance Friday's 20th, but I found the above GIF and couldn't resist. Besides, my time travel's heroine would come straight out of the ms and hurt me if I didn't feature it now. Different from the other sort of waltz, this is faster, twirlier, and conjures the image of grand ballrooms lit by candlelight, where women in sumptuous gowns entertain decorated veterans bedecked in medals.



Anya Garnis and Danny Tidwell:



Change partners! Lacey Schwimmer and Danny Tidwell:


Mark and Courtney's clip also includes a bit from the choreographer, so entertainment and education:


The pros from Britain's Strictly Come Dancing show the spectacle of this dance when performed in a group setting:


I couldn't resist including the pros and their amateur partners performing to my all time favorite Billy Joel classic:

No comments: