Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Only Six More Shopping Days

Until October 24th, that is. Beat the annual Anna's birthday rush and take care of your holiday shopping now. Yep, it's that time of year for birthday nut me. Of course this is an interesting one, since the upcoming birthday that is staring me in the face has a nine in it. Meaning that the one after that will have a zero in it and also be divisble by two. Miniwhimper.

On the upside, since most of my twenties got gobbled by depression, I will take them now. Now I'm old enough to know what to do with them. Be warned.

::sigh:: decidedly rodential sounds coming from the kitchen. I am not going in there. I am not going in there. I am not going in there. Free range rodents seriously freak me out. Besides, that's what we have cats for, though Olivia kitty seems to have not gotten that memo.

Also in rodent news, but of the outdoor variety, Vlad the bat has returned. We expect him this time each year, and he is always a welcome visitor as long as he stays on the outside. Which he does. Because see above comment on free range rodents. Shudder.

I am currently sorting out the whole AOL 9.0 Security installation kerfluffle -- one of those things I did not know would take hours, but it's something that needs doing. I'm going to see if I can combine the installation time with writing time, since I want to keep up the energy that came with the other evening at home.

DH was home and VH1 had a big long thing on one hit wonders, so of course we were glued. I opened a text file and started to pretty much bleed on the screen, putting down what the songs made me think or feel or remember and what parts of that I like to use in my own writing. I don't remember who said it but someone mentioned that if something is progressive enough, of course there are going to be a lot of people who don't get it. Which goes to show that a one hit wonder doesn't neccessarily mean the song was bad or the artist not talented. It may not have been the right time or venue. I think a lot of that can be applied to fiction as well. Which may be a whole entry in itself.

Currently playing: "Flinch" by Alanis Morrissette
(and eek, this reminds me I must raid Rheuben's Alanis stash, since I forgot to load "Hands Clean")
Currently reading: The Prize by Brenda Joyce

No comments: