Monday, October 17, 2005

Meet Petunia

Friday afternoon, Petunia Penelope Putowski entered my life. I consider it a good sign when a new computer announces his/her/its name before the box is even open. Such was the case with myself and Petunia.

We are still in the process of getting to know each other, installing pertinent software, creating documents, and setting the settings that need to be set. I've done some writing, but most of that will come after I get Word in. What could possibly come first? The small matter of my personal playlists; angst, inspiration and energy. I like to set a certain mood when I write, and that's a big part of it.

Writing in the comfy chair is exactly as efficient as I'd hoped. Petunia is a light little thing, and my lap desk from Target gives me enough room for Petunia, a notebook and has an indent for writing implements. Perfect. Olivia kitty is less sure about this; she thinks she should be my laptop. Yes, I do feel like a callous cat anty but I hope to make sure she gets her fair share of cuddles.

On a more frivolous note, Petunia is compatible with the jump drive, so I can now snag neat Sims2 stuff to download and take home to play on the Bunninator (desktop at home) -- chaos may well be ahead.

No comments: