Monday, July 26, 2004

Talked to the customer service manager at the local B&N this weekend (he happened to be in when a friend and I stopped by to see what they didn't have (private joke) in the romance section.  Got to tell him about the upcoming book and Arabella story and we talked for a brief while.  A little surreal, but fun anyway.

Other surreal thing this weekend (other than the fact that my dad let me pray for him) was getting a questionnaire to help a favourite author with her branding.  (Associating a particular image with a particular author.) This is something I've been thinking about a lot for my own projects, but to actually have to fill in what food, reality show, etc, is most like this author, required some thought.  Some of the categories, I'm not that familiar with.  I don't go to many movies, though we do live literally a five minute walk from a megaplex; does that say something about our movie tastes?

Got me thinking, though.  Things I would aspire to have the same impact as:

An Elaine Duillo illustration
A MeatLoaf/Jim Stienman song
Billy Joel's music
the Highlander tv series
Anna Griffin's decorative paper products
http://www.stampersanonymous.com/ rubber stamps
A Gregg Gulbronson illustration
The interior designs of Laurence Llewellyn-Bowen

I'll leave writers both ABA and CBA for another entry.

No comments: