Friday, April 20, 2012

Happy Dance Friday #94 - This Isn't Everything You Are


DH has been in hospital this week, so schedule still wonky around here, and a nap seems at times like the impossble dream, but this week still deserves a happy dance.
This week's selection combines Snow Patrol, Buenos Aires, multiple storylines, tangos traditional and non, gorgeously grungy sets, and adult situations. It also helped me fall even more in love with my time travel. Even the title blatantly states one of the central themes, so I had to share.



I've watched this umptybillion times already, and my breath still catches at 1:15. Ohhhh, so that's where we're going with this? Most excellent. I love the dissonance of the encouraging words and the bleakness inherent in many of these characters. For me, that's my happy place, taking the pain and the anger and the use of dance as a stand in for multiple relationships/emotions...a couple of rounds of this and let me at those keys.

Okay, honesty time; who else makes up backstories for the characters in music videos? What's your take on what's going on here?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Argentine Tango. I don't know how to do it, but would love to learn. Perhaps I will take lessons one day ... I should probably add that to my "Bucket List" but I want to do it with Derek or Max ... or both of them at the same time (Dear God, I'm wicked).
Gerri

Anna Carrasco Bowling said...

Gerri, I'll go to those lessons with you and we can trade off with the guys. I call that win-win.