Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Dance Friday #46 Good Friday

For Christians, like me, today is Good Friday, when we remember the sacrificial death of Jesus. When I was little, I had trouble understanding why the day was called "good" when it was all about betrayal, conspiracy, sorrow and death. Still, as with storytelling, we know that the black moment has to come before the happily ever after, and for those who believe like I do, this really is the Ultimate Black Moment...but hang in there, because it gets better. A LOT better. This takes going to hell and back literally, and Easter, also called Resurrection Day, is a day for celebration, so I'm going to celebrate here.

"Desert Lands" by Trading Yesterday fits this day beautifully for those of us who observe. Happy Good Friday.

No comments: