Thursday, March 18, 2010


Time for a new Moleskine.
What we have here is the notebook I've been carrying in my purse since January. No theme for the contents, more of a catchall for the brain droppings that occur during the day, and the cover design was a bit of fiddling while watching something mediocre on TV. If I had put more thought into it, "fleur" would be centered over the fleur de lis (a current favorite motif.)
Time to retire this one (it's full) and start another. Need to think of theme for cover art; eyeing my Celtic knotwork stamps, so maybe that. The kraft cover Moleskines are for writing; those are lined inside. Black ones, not pictured, are for art. Current thing there is hand-drawing striped borders around all interior pages. My drawing skills are pitiful, but borders, I can manage.
Having a fine time working on novel and two novellas, all in different stages. I like the energy I get switching off among the three. When one finishes, then a new one must begin. Hence the mini notebook that goes with me everywhere. No more lost ideas. At least in theory. It's the end of the day, and I'm loopy. But I have iced tea, so that's good.

No comments: