Friday, September 28, 2012

Happy Dance Friday #110: LMAFO and character theme songs

Quick drive-by post this time, but rest assured I haven't forgotten about dueling "Addictions" and I haven't even started to blabber about All The Right Moves.

LMAFO's "Sexy and I Know It" is on my WIP playlist, as it's pretty much the song playing in my heroine's ex's head at all times, and the current scene is is his first appearance. A past-his-peak dancer, this guy is more in love with himself than he ever could be with anyone else. It fits, and it puts me in the right frame of mind to know where his head is in this scene.



As an aside, would this not make an awesome flash mob idea? Have to admit the initial shot of a whole horde of black-clad dancers taking the floor at once makes quite an impression. May have to file that away for later.



LMAFO's song bumped the previous choice of theme song for this character out of the playlist. (Sense a theme here?):



How about you, writers? Do your characters get theme songs? Readers, do you assign theme songs to your favorites?

No comments: