Monday, September 25, 2006

Don't fall over backwards, but I'm actually posting. Getting the urge to fiddle with the blog and website again...and yeah, before I got everything turned over to the current design, too.

Spent a good deal of today (my supposedly resting day, hah) researching sugar sculptures of the Georgian era. Yes, sugar sculptures are exactly what they sound like, and I need one for a scene in The Wild Rover so I did a bit of poking in that regard. Some of those things could get way over the top -- which is why I like them. Hey, every once in a while, the upper crust had the urge to commission a replica of their house and gardens or the dinner table (fully set, of course) entirely out of sugar. The Georgians weren't that different from us in that regard, now, were they? Not that I stack sugar cubes in the shape of a raised ranch or anything like that.

Today's lesson: do not try and create part of the menu for a grand dinner party for your historical while between breakfast and lunch. Because then one's thought process becomes entirely "foodfoodfoodfoodfoodfoodfoodfoodfoodfoodfoodfoodfood" which does not jibe with the image of one's undies-clad form in the Lane Bryant dressing room mirror. Though the clearance sale they currently have is well worth it.

No comments: