Friday, December 09, 2011

Happy Dance Friday #76/Post #500 - Happy Blogiversary



Okay, not an actual annniversary, but close enough. Besides being Happy Dance Friday #76, my stats page also tells me this will be post #500. Writing and dancing may not seem to have much in common on the surface, but when it works, it works. When done right, both tell a story and touch the emotions, and creativity feeds creativity. Story in, story out, I always say, and after the ups and downs of the work week, we could all use a happy dance or two.



I wasn't sure at first if I'd be able to find enough dance clips to make Happy Dance Friday a regular feature, but the internet is a big, big place, the good ol' USA isn't the only place with televised dancing competitions that provide both delightful and heartrending performances that get my idea hamsters running...



...and a little Google-fu turns up old and new favorites in exciting new venues...

Best of all, though, is the chance to be able to share all of the above with my readers. Without you, I'm only talking to myself...well, okay, I'd be doing that anyway, but you all make it a lot more fun. On to the next five hundred.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think writing has a lot in common with dancing in that to do it well and make it flow smoothly and look effortless takes talent and a lot of hard work. Congrats on hitting #500! :)
Gerri Brousseau

Anna Carrasco Bowling said...

Thanks, Gerri, and I agree, writers and dancers both have to work hard to make things look effortless.