Friday, November 12, 2010

Happy Dance Friday #26 - Hug a musician

Funny Pictures
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

I once saw a bumper sticker that read "Hug a musician; we never get to dance" and since I have friends who are musicians, that stuck with me. Anybody who's seen the recent Conan O'Brian promo where Conan cavorts about to absolute silence and then requests confirmation that there will be music added, lest his actions look silly, can agree we owe a lot to those who provide the soundtrack to happy dances everywhere. Plus there's nothing as fun as watching a performer who's really into what they're doing and a committed musician or singer can get a crowd moving through sheer force of energy and charisma.

One of my favorite musical acts to watch as well as listen to is the British act, Right Said Fred. Brothers Richard and Fred Fairbrass have energy to spare and some very danceable tunes.




It's probably best I try not to figure out how "Wonderman" was connected to Sonic the Hedgehog, but the choreography sure looks fun.


Though I know absolutely nothing about the German kids' movie, The Wizard, but if this is any indication, it looks like loads of fun.



European stadium anthem, "Stand Up (For the Champions)" always makes me want to get up and move.


This acoustic version is part of the seed that started my NaNo novel, Nothing Short of Heaven. I'm impressed how different the same song can sound with different treatements.


Though the brothers Fairbrass have a sizeable catalogue internationally, US audiences will best know them by this iconic ditty:


What musical acts never fail to get you on your feet? Ever had a favorite song reimagined with a totally different mood? How did that work for you? Drop names and include links.

No comments: