Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Midpoint on my week with Kat, and a few hours before the book party tonight, so I'm grabbing a moment to blog.

Kat and I had a lovely walk yesterday afternoon, trying to tell each other things about ourselves we didn't already know. Seeing as how we've been good friends for a long time, it was a bit tricky, but we did find out about our mutual hatred of celery, that tomato soup should only be properly made with milk if either of us are expected to eat it, and we would each rather chew off a limb than work retail again.

So, in that spirit, things you, the blog reader, might not already know about me:

*The playlist most often played on my laptop is named "angst, and contains multiple selections by Meat Loaf and Alanis Morrissette.

*My slippers are big bear heads

*It was either that or big orange cats, but I thought they might give Olivia a complex

*I once considered going into cosmetology as a career

*The toasted coconut donuts are always mine

*I don't understand why anyone thought lemon was a good flavor for toothpaste

*When I ride a carousel, the horse should be black if at all possible

*I love rollercoasters unless there is a loop -- then you're not getting me on it ever

*Current song stuck in my head is "Bird in December" by George Canyon -- it makes me weep, and I like that

*There are three sets of disposable contacts in my medicine cabinet that are at least two years old, but have never been opened. Not sure if I'd seem like a doofus if I asked the optometrist if they're still safe.

*Correct order in which to eat Chuckles candy, according to me: orange, yellow, green, red, black. (Going from least to most favorite, that's my technique.)

*I have to start dialing the numbers for voting on American Idol as soon as they start showing them (at the end of the program) because it takes me that long to figure out how to punch in the whole thing. (btw, I voted for Chris last night; sorry, Taylor and Mandisa. There's always next week.)

3 comments:

Kady said...

This week is going by much too quickly. I hope it doesn't take another 10+ years for me to make it back.

Yankee Candles tomorrow!
Kat

Marguerite Arotin said...

Just taking a break from revisions to say hi ya. When you gonna update your site, woman? You know all the graphics I made are still there waiting for ya ;-).
Oh and I voted for Taylor. My cell is through Cingular so I can do the text messages this year *yippee*. Chris did rock the house though. Can't wait to watch this week :-)

Kady said...

I agree...update your blog already! I know...I know...you're working on getting OitS finished. Gotta have it done by the time you leave for the conference.

Don't forget to get me some freebies, and whatever else you're free to share.

Luvya, Puds...